I'm using comtypes (0.5.2) with the DSF
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/DSF.mspx), and it seems to me
that the generated prototypes for methods requiring object pointers
are wrong.

It seems valid for all methods related to DSF, and example is
ISoftUSBStrings.Add(...):

ISoftUSBStrings.Add is generated to take parameter POINTER(SoftUSBString)
however, I can not find a way to pass that object ? All I have is a
ISoftUSBString reference.

Changing the generated prototype to POINTER(ISoftUSBString) makes
everything work.

Am I overlooking a cast_to_object_implementing_interface function or
is that a bug in the code generator?

trigger code:
import comtypes.client as cc

usbdev = cc.CreateObject("SOFTUSB.SoftUSBDevice")

usbstr = comc.CreateObject("SOFTUSB.SoftUSBString")
usbstr.Value = "my string"

#This will cast an typeError exception before changing the generated prototype
usbdev.Strings.Add(usbstr,1)

--
Torbjørn Tyridal