Hi all,

I am a little confused about the "this" parameter to COM events.

When one wants to receive COM events, one does something like the following:
self._advise = comtypes.client.GetEvents(self._server, Sink())
where the Sink class has methods such as:
def onEvent(self, this, arg1, arg2):

However, it seems that there has recently been a change in the way
"this" is handled. (I am not sure what version of comtypes this occurred
in, but I suspect 0.5.1.) It seems that the name "this" is somehow
special. If the exact parameter name "this" is not present as the first
argument, the event seems to work fine without it. For example, the
following works:
def onEvent(self, arg1, arg2):
However, this does not work:
def onEvent(self, this, arg2):
It would seem that the "this" parameter is now optional. Unfortunately,
with another COM server, if "this" is present at all, the event function
is not fired.

Can anyone provide some clarification as to the status of the "this"
parameter in comtypes 0.5.2? Is "this" now optional? Is the name "this"
special?

Thanks.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]