Hi All,

I'm trying to call LabVIEW VI's from python. I'm using comtypes to invoke
the LabVIEW ActiveX. While using this I'm trying to pass data to a 'Call'
method in 'VirtualInstrument' class of this ActiveX. I'm able to pass all
types of data. Except a 2D array. I get the following error when I try to
pass a 2D array.

 VirtualInstrument.Call(ParameterNames,Parameters)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\comtypes\__init__.py", line 517, in
func
    return self.Invoke(obj, memid, _invkind=1, *args, **kw) #
DISPATCH_METHOD
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\comtypes\automation.py", line 717, in
Invoke
    raise COMError(hresult, text, details)
COMError: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (None, None, None, 0L,
-2147352571))
This COM error means Type Mismatch.

When I tried using Pywin I faced the same issue with a cluster(structure) of
clusters(structures) having same number of elements. As in the attachment
cluster.jpg
Like [[1,2,3],[4,5,6]]
where [1,2,3] is one cluster and [4,5,6] is another cluster
But I was able to pass the data to 2D array in Pywin. Using comtypes I'm
able to pass data to the custer of cluster data type but I'm facing issues
with 2D array.

Here is my code:
*from ctypes import **
*import comtypes.client*
*omtypes.CoInitialize()*
*TypeLibPath = "C:\\LabVIEW Run Time Engine ActiveX Server\ActiveX
Server\LVRTS.tlb"*
*comtypes.client.GetModule(TypeLibPath)*
*
*
*try:*
*    Application = comtypes.client.CreateObject("LabVIEWRTS.Application",
None, None, comtypes.gen.LabVIEWRTS._Application)*
*    #VI Path*
*    VIPath="C:\Passing Array Data.vi"*
*    *
*    #Parameters*
*    Input_1=[[1,2,3],[4,5,6]]*
*    Input_2=[[1,2,3],[4,5,6]]*
*    ParameterNames=("Input 1","Input 2")*
*    Parameters=[Input_1, Input_2,]*
*    *
*    #Get VI Reference*
*    VirtualInstrument = Application.GetVIReference(VIPath)*
*    *
*    #Call VI*
*    VirtualInstrument.Call(ParameterNames,Parameters)*

Thanks,
Sathish