There are some reports that comtypes works with Python 3. Also PyPi lists 3.0
and 3.1. Therefore, I think it is some Python 3.3 specific problem.

Sebastian

From: Jim [mailto:j.gumb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:50 AM
To: comtypes-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [comtypes-users] Problems with comtypes and Python 3.3

I could be wrong but I think you need to use a 2.* series python to leverage
the comtypes libraries.

Jim.

On 19 December 2012 09:32, Sebastian Alexander Wagner
<sebastian.wag...@cpr.ku.dk<mailto:sebastian.wag...@cpr.ku.dk>> wrote:
I tried to use the excellent comtypes package under Python 3.3. Unfortunately,
I get the following error message when I import the library:

import comtypes, comtypes.client, comtypes.automation

  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\comtypes\__init__.py", line 1050, in
<module>
    class IUnknown(object, metaclass=_cominterface_meta):
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\comtypes\__init__.py", line 282, in
__new__
    class _(partial.partial, POINTER(p)):
TypeError: metaclass conflict: the metaclass of a derived class must be a
(non-strict) subclass of the metaclasses of all its bases

Metaclass conflicts are way over my Python skills. It would be great if
somebody has any idea how to solve this issue.

Thank you very much!

Sebastian