I am trying to learn to use comtypes in order to develop a COM server for
use with MS Excel.

I have followed the example here
https://pythonhosted.org/comtypes/server.html

I am able to register the server from a CMD window with administrator
privileges.

I have checked that the server appears to be running by calling the method
from Python, as shown in the example.

>From Excel, I can see the server under Tools | References and connect to
it.

However, when I try to use the following VBA code to access it I get an
R6034 error, saying that something has made an attempt to load a runtime
library incorrectly.

    Function test(a, b)
        Dim x As New MyObject
        ab = x.MyMethod(a, b)
        Debug.Print "d" & CStr(ab)
        test = ab
    End Function

I have comtypes 1.1.1 and python 2.7.8 (32-bit) and I am running Office
2007 on a Win7 computer (64-bit, home edition).

Looking at these comments
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235560%28v=vs.90%29.aspx I get
the impression that it must be a problem with Excel not knowing where to
find some of the DLLs required. But I have no idea how to track this down.