Hi,

my reply likely doesn't answer Thorsten's question, but reminds me
that I noticed something else:

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 02:01:16PM +0200, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> When pressing x, then selecting a link to a pdf, and accepting the
> proposed default (in my case evince) everything is fine

Not only in your case: It's hard-coded in modules/mime.js, even if
evince is not installed at all.

Definitely something I'll try to fix for the Debian package soon.
(Would be cool if there would be a non-Debian-specific fix, too. :-)

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | a...@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | a...@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)