This may not be the venue for accepting compliments, but thanks, Scott.  You know we disagree about what argue re the Declaration in your book, which I contradicted in my own.  Here I will just say that I think "liberal originalist" is an oxymoron.  But then so is "conservative originalist."  There's just originalism--no adjectives (and yes, I know what you mean by "liberal," but your analysis comes out too close to the common contemporary meaning for me).  Scalia is a good originalist in Lawrence, and a lousy one when it comes to "federalism" and other Loch Ness monsters of the Constitution.

Matt
***************************
Matthew J. Franck
Professor and Chairman