Nothing I wrote stated or implied that "the U.S. cannot ratify a treaty that gives an international human rights treaty a status equal to the Constitution and that establishes an international body as the authoritative interpreter of the international instrument."  I suppose it could, though I'd like to give it further thought.  This I do know: I'm glad it has never done so!

Matt
***************************
Matthew J. Franck
Professor and Chairman