On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the sql injection question, please elaborate.  There is no UI
> ability to do sql injection that I am aware of, because all the
> strings you might enter are properly escaped before being incorporated
> into queries.  This includes queries that come via the API and
> Authority Service.  So I guess I need an example of how you might
> cause a sql injection given the current code.

Escaping tends to only thwart casual attackers, not motivated ones or
even automated tools.

For example the escaping i see used here: e.g. quoteSQLString seems to
only quote single-quote characters.

There are a number of techniques to workaround this type of escaping,
some are listed here:
http://www.slideshare.net/inquis/sql-injection-not-only-and-11

In my opinion all variables should be explicitly bound via PreparedStatements.