Hi,

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 20:21 +0100, ext Samuel Ortiz wrote:
> > +           string AuthMethod
> > +
> > +                   EAP Phase2 authentication method. For example "gtc",
> > +                   "mschapv2" or "md5". Used to supplement Passphrase
> > +                   field when requesting credentials for 802.1X networks.
> > +
> I don't think that's what we agreed upon. In fact, and as stated previously, I
> don't want to export those gory details to the user.

Unfortunately the handheld UI wants to have some level of details,
should it choose to inform the user about the authentication method in
use. It does not necessarily need to be the 'AuthMethod', it can also be
the 'Type' field as proposed by Henri.

> The only thing the user will know is that she/he has to enter this cryptic
> string displayed on her/his RSA dongle. Or a company username/password. And
> that can be properly handled by the Identity/Passphrase strings sent to the
> agent.

Here we want to support the user slightly more by giving the UI a chance
to help the user with the authentication method. The UI need not inform
the user directly about the method, it can use a decently formatted
string about "enterprise" or whatever login. I would not like to leave
the UI or user at the mercy of selecting between RSA dongles or
username/passphrases solely based on the SSID and the non-existence of
the username field. There already is a problem that wpa_supplicant is
currently not able to give the current gtc challenge with the
connection, I really hope gtc challenges are not used for anything
useful these days :-)

So, how shall the minimum amount of EAP authentication details be given
to the UI?

Cheers,

        Patrik