Hi,

this is the v2 of the IPv6 privacy patch. This version makes the
privacy setting configurable.

The privacy setting can be changed in service API via IPv6.Configuration
property. I used the same values for privacy setting as described in the
kernel documentation Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt file so that
the mapping between those two is simple.
By default the privacy setting is 1, meaning it is enabled but public
addresses are prefered over temporary ones.
The privacy value is only written to kernel if IPv6 method is AUTO.

Note that the kernel might not activate the privacy mode immediately,
it seems to require that interface goes down before activation.
Same thing happens if privacy mode is disabled, the temporary addresses
do not disappear until the interface is taken down. At least this
was happening in my test system with kernel 2.6.32.

Regards,
Jukka

Jukka Rissanen (3):
  doc: Add description about IPv6 privacy setting.
  ipconfig: Enable IPv6 privacy extension for autoconf addresses.
  test: Enable or disable IPv6 privacy extension.

 doc/service-api.txt  |   18 ++++++++
 test/set-ipv6-method |   18 +++++---