Hi Marcel,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:13:33PM -0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Samuel,

> > > So user would not be able to disable 6to4 then, is this really what we
> > > want to do?
> > >
> > Yes, I think that is fine.
>
> exposing these configuration capabilities to users is not helping us to
> create a smooth IPv6 experience.
>
> However instead of this property we might do IPv6.Method = 6to4 to give
> the UI a hint in how we have IPv6 setup.
I agree this would somehow hide the 6to4 complexity from the user. However I
found this slightly awkward as a) 6to4 is a subset of the autoconf method and
b) we would expose an IPv6 method that is different from the default one or
the one explicitely set by the user.
Also, we'd have to special case the 6to4 method when saving it to our profile
and convert it to an autoconf method.

Cheers,
Samuel.

--