On 11/01/13 11:43, Patrik Flykt wrote:
        Hi,

On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 11:19 +0200, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
implement provisioning support i.e., .config file
support for ethernet devices
This would be the way to go for pre-configuration of ethernet services.

Connecting an ethernet cable gives a fully connected ethernet service
using DHCP out of the box already today. You are saying that static IPv4
(or IPv6) address configuration is needed at startup?

Cheers,

        Patrik

If I can just chime in to note that this would also be a useful use case
for myself.

In this case, I have a program that runs over a serial port which can configure the ethernet. The user may want to pre-configure the device over serial, before
installing it on-site.

--

  Jack Mitchell (j...@embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer