>It's not a good idea to expose the status url. It's an internal url used
>for testing the connection status,
>the fact it's also related to wispr is only because both process were
>easier to be implemented together
>rather than separately.

Most of these captive portals do not even care about the URL you are requesting
as they will just show some ad with accept/reject-buttons for the EULA. If you
accept the EULA you don't even get redirected to the URL requested but a
another page which has more ads. ;)

>Maybe we could change the documentation of RequestBrowser() Agent method
>so that
>if the url is null, browser will have to use whatever default url it wants.

The null url is set to ""-string in the __connman_agent_request_browser on
agent-connman.c. So it's not really a null anymore when it gets to the browser,
and neither it's valid http-url but a request to open ""-named file.

So maybe connman should have "start up page" which would be requested in case
of url being null if status_url is not ok.

Br,
Pasi