Hello Patrik,

I tried checking behavior of MoveBefore/MoveAfter even without WiFi.

It's not working as expected and service is not moving to top.

1. Connect Two DIFFERENT technologies(EX:  WiFi & BT/WiFi  & Ethernet/ Ethernet
& BT) in READY state
2. Call MoveBefore/MoveAfter
3. Check service order.

Outcome:  Service order if not changing.

Note: This issue is coming only when both services are in ready state. But when
data usage is on for both services (or one online and other ready) then
MoveBefore/MoveAfter is working perfectly fine.

Also in the case of 2 Ethernet devices connected in ready state,
MoveBefore/MoveAfter is working fine.

Really we cannot control service ordering in case of different technologies in
ready state? Do you know any alternatives
to achieve this?

==============Test with Same technologies======

1.Connected USB1 in ready mode
root@imx6x-std:~# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }

2.Connected USB2 in ready mode

root@imx6x-std:~# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }
*AR Wired                { ethernet_aabbccddeeff_cable }

3.movebefore for USB2

root@imx6x-std:~# dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
--dest=net.connman /net/connman/service/ethernet_aabbccddeeff_cable  net.
connman.Service.MoveBefore
objpath:/net/connman/service/ethernet_026406750174_cable

4.connmanctl services

root@imx6x-std:~# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_aabbccddeeff_cable }
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }

5.MoveBefore for USB1

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=net.connman
/net/connman/service/ethernet_026406750174_cable net.c
onnman.Service.MoveBefore
objpath:/net/connman/service/ethernet_aabbccddeeff_cable

root@imx6x-std:~# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }
*AR Wired                { ethernet_aabbccddeeff_cable }

==============Test with Different technologies======
1.Connected BT and USB in ready mode

root@imx6x-std:/lib/systemd/system# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }
* R JPoonam              { bluetooth_001eaeb40750_44d4e018fcc0 }

2.MoveBefore for BT

root@imx6x-std:/lib/systemd/system# dbus-send --system --type=method_call
--print-reply --dest=net.connman /net/connman/service/bluetooth_001ea
eb40750_44d4e018fcc0  net.connman.Service.MoveBefore
objpath:/net/connman/service/ethernet_026406750174_cable

3.

root@imx6x-std:/lib/systemd/system# connmanctl services
List of all services:
*AR Wired                { ethernet_026406750174_cable }
* R JPoonam              { bluetooth_001eaeb40750_44d4e018fcc0 }

Note:  Preferred technology list
PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,Bluetooth