On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 08:25 +0200, laurent vaudoit wrote:
> After some analysis, it seems that ipv4ll is launch only on one
> service if dhcp timeout.
> So when we have more than one services, only the first one get an ip
> from link local.

The current implementation starts IPv4 link local after a DHCPv4
timeout.

As IPv4 link local addressing is reusing subnet addressing per
interface, it's not a reliable means of identifying hosts by routing and
is therefore implemented only for one interface at a time in ConnMan.
IPv4 link local addressing is no substitute for networks lacking DHCP or
static configuration.

> Is there any reason for this behaviour?
> It seems not to be linked to our "DSA patch", who is in attachment.

Please send patches as inline mails. Use git send-email for example.

The numerical dsa port id you proposed in the patch will get mixed with
VLAN ids, so you will have to add something more to identify the network
being a dsa one and not a VLAN. According to the coding style, else is
on the same line as the end of the last code block, i.e. '} else {'.

Cheers,

        Patrik