On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 17:53 +1100, Craig McQueen wrote:
> I am working on a system where a USB dongle is used for Wi-Fi
> functionality. The Wi-Fi can be used in client or access point mode,
> configurable. However, it seems it's not possible to enable/disable
> tethering mode while the USB Wi-Fi device is not currently plugged in.
> E.g.:
>
>     # connmanctl tether wifi off
>     Error disabling wifi tethering: Method "SetProperty" with
> signature "sv" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist
>
> What options would there be for enabling/disabling tethering, while
> the Wi-Fi device is not currently plugged in?

If this dongle is the only WiFi device, removing it will cause the
technology to disappear as there are no devices this specific technology
is able to control. So no options for this, but see
TetheringTechnologies and PersistentTetheringMode in main.conf if the
use case is such that tethering state needs to be remembered.

Cheers,

        Patrik