Loans and Display Conservator (Maternity Cover)
Royal Collection Trust
Paintings Conservation Studio, Windsor
£27,000-31,000 per annum, pro rata

About the role:
It's preserving some of the world's greatest paintings for millions to admire.

It's feeling inspired to deliver to the very highest standards. And it's the
satisfaction of caring for and presenting one of the world's largest art
collections. This is what makes working for Royal Collection Trust so different.

>From care and conservation, to display and interpretation, our Pictures team
>is responsible for an unparalleled collection of nearly 8,000 paintings and
>3,000 miniatures.

Joining a team of talented Paintings Conservators, you'll be responsible for
the delivery of all conservation activities relating to loans from the
Paintings collection, as well as the treatment of paintings to be displayed
within the Royal Residences.

Whether you're planning a programme of treatment for selected loans or working
in situ, you'll ensure our magnificent paintings can be displayed in their full
glory.

You'll fully assess paintings in the collection, compiling condition reports,
and undertaking detailed examinations to determine any conservation treatment
needed.

Working closely with internal colleagues and external contractors alike, you'll
be a key point of contact for advice and guidance, deciding which paintings are
suitable for transport and display, and ensuring exceptional standards of
collections care at all times.

You'll also document all treatments and will make sure our expanding database
is kept up-to-date.
And, knowing that you're enabling our paintings to be admired by a huge
audience will be your biggest reward.

About you:
With a post-graduate qualification in Paintings Conservation and significant
conservation experience, ideally within a museum or art gallery environment,
you're exactly who we're looking for.

Organised and flexible in approach, you'll be adept at managing your time in
order to meet deadlines.

Perceptive with great problem solving skills, we can rely on you to take
initiative and make swift decisions when needed.

You're an excellent communicator, and will enjoy engaging with people at all
levels across our varied and talented team.

For this role, good manual handling skills will be needed, along with
confidence working at heights and a full UK driving licence.

A good command of relevant IT programmes will be important too.

Above all, you're driven to maintain the very highest standards of care in all
that you do.

This is your opportunity to use your skills and passion for conservation to
deliver the exceptional.

How to apply:
For further information and to apply online, please visit:
www.royalcollection.org.uk<http://www.royalcollection.org.uk>

The closing date for applications is 7 November 2016.

Royal Collection Trust is committed to equality of opportunity.

Royal Household Legal Disclaimer - This message and any attachments should only
be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and be used by them for its
intended purpose. The Royal Household cannot accept liability for statements
made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the Royal
Household. Replies to this email address may be subject to interception or
monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business purposes.

******