The Medellin Public Library (Biblioteca Publica de Medellin), in Colombia, has
an Audiovisual Collection consisting on magnetic tapes, such as Cassette, Open
Spool Tapes, Video Tapes, Vinyl Disc, Acetate Discs etc.

At the moment we are digitizing the cassettes, because of the important content
they have. In the process the technician usually founds broken tapes, and he
asked me how we can repair the broken tape, without damaging the magnetic
information. Since am not an expert in the restoration of New Media objects,
I'm asking for your help to get more information of products and/or the proper
way to fix the broken tape.

Any information  you can provide us, we, the Conservation Group at the Medellin
Public Library (BPP) will be grateful.

Ma. Alejandra Garavito P
magaravi...@gmail.com <mailto:magaravi...@gmail.com>
CRBM-CRF