Here are the upcoming courses at Museum Study for May and June

Storage Techniques online course begins May 1 on MuseumStudy.com
Join Instructor Rebecca Newberry for the 4 week course Storage Techniques. Is your collection at risk due to poor storage methods? Good storage mounts are essential for preserving museum collections. Building on the related course, Materials for Exhibit, Moving and Storage, in Storage Techniques, you will learn about the materials, tools, ideas and techniques needed to create quality storage mounts. You will design and build a storage mount for an object of your choosing and plan a storage improvement project for a collection of objects using archival materials and techniques. For more information visit our website: http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/storage-techniques/

Policies for Managing Collections 4 week online course begins May 1 on MuseumStudy.com Join instructor John Simmons author of Things Great and Small: Collections Management Policies for the course Policies for Managing Collections. In this course we will critically examine the purposes and functions of collections management policies, including how collections are defined, acquired, managed, used, maintained, and deaccessioned. For more information visit our website: http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/policies-for-managing-collections/

Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens course begins May 1 on MuseumStudy.com Join interpretive planning consultant John Veverka for the 4 week online course Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. This course will: Guide you in developing your interpretive plan. Give you expertise in being an interpretive planning project manager. Give you direction in writing a Request for Proposal for hiring a consultant to do an interpretive master plan for you if you don't want to do the interpretive plan yourself. Give you specific details of what should be in an Interpretive Master Plan for a Historic Home and Garden. Give you skills in reviewing draft interpretive master plans prepared by others. For more information visit our website: http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/the-interpretive-exhibit-planners-toolbox/

AASLH Basic of Archives online course begins May 22 on MuseumStudy.com
Museum Study will again be hosting the popular Basics of Archives course from the American Association for State and Local History (AASLH). The Basics of Archives online course is designed to give organizations and individuals who are responsible for the care of historical records an introduction to the core aspects of managing and protecting historical records collections, using appropriate principles and best practices. For more information and to register visit AASLH's website. http://resource.aaslh.org/view/basics-of-archives/

Social Relevance: Environmental Sustainability in Museums course begins June 5 on MuseumStudy.com The public discussion of the environment and climate change is an important opportunity for museums to connect more deeply with their communities. It is also an opportunity to protect and strengthen their institutions. Join Instructor Sarah Sutton author of Environmental Sustainability at Historic Sites and Museums, The Green Nonprofit and Co-author of The Green Museum for this course which will be a survey of the practical aspects of interpretation and public programming, operational changes, building construction, and community engagement in service to the message of how changes in our museum work can deepen museums’ connections to their communities and increase museums’ charitable value. For more information visit our website: http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/social-relevance-environmental-sustainability-in-museums/

Emergency Preparedness online course begins June 12 on MuseumStudy.com
A Disaster Preparedness/Emergency Response Plan is one of the 5 core documents listed by the American Alliance of Museums. Join Rebecca Fifield for the four week online course Emergency Preparedness where we will discuss initiating an emergency planning effort, writing an emergency plan, assembling and training a recovery team, and evaluating and maintaining readiness. For more information visit our website: http://www.museumstudy.com/courses/course-list/emergency-preparedness/

--
Brad Bredehoft
CEO

******