IIC 2018 Turin Congress: 10 - 14 September 2018

https://www.iiconservation.org/congress

Preventive conservation is today at the centre of museum, site and heritage
management. The field has developed considerably since an IIC Congress last
addressed issues in preventive conservation in Ottawa in 1994. Many
developments in scientific understanding and practice in all aspects of the
field have taken place in the past 25 years, but the issues continue to be
the subject of lively debate. For example, how do we assess risk, or manage
it? How do we manage the impact of thousands of visitors visiting historic
buildings with fragile decorative interiors without compromising the sense
of place of the site? What preventive conservation measures should we apply
to contemporary art made of sometimes poorly understood materials? How will
these materials respond to changes in relative humidity or temperature in
the future? What are the advantages of LED lighting to the museum
environment and do visitors notice the difference? How is the community made
aware of the preventive conservation of an artefact of local significance:
does the community have a voice?

Your particular field of interest may well be different to these: why not
visit the IIC Turin Congress page [https://www.iiconservation.org/congress ]
to see a list of possible topics - even this list is not exhaustive. There
are many issues of real concern in the field of preventive conservation and
they will be the focus of the 2018 Congress. We will build on recent IIC
initiatives, including points raised during the 2008 Congress on
Conservation and Access and the IIC/ICOM-CC environmental guidelines
developed at the 2014 Hong Kong Congress; most importantly, we will also
look to the future.

Please don't delay! Visit the IIC Turin Congress page [
https://www.iiconservation.org/congress ] to see the list of possible
topics, log in to the site and submit your proposal now! The deadline for
the receipt of proposals in 8 May 2017!

Please note that this is a simultaneous call for paper and poster proposals:
there will be no later separate call for posters.

Please go to the IIC Congress site here to make your submission [
https://www.iiconservation.org/congress ].

We look forward to seeing you in Turin!

Graham Voce

Executive Secretary

International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works 3,
Birdcage Walk, London, SW1H 9JJ, UK

Tel: +44 (0)20 7799 5500

Fax: +44 (0)20 7799 4961

 <http://www.iiconservation.org/> www.iiconservation.org

Follow IIC on our social networking pages:

Facebook:
<http://www.facebook.com/International.Institute.for.Conservation>
www.facebook.com/International.Institute.for.Conservation

LinkedIn:

<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/International-Institute-Conservation-Histori
c-Artistic-4974966%5b1>
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/International-Institute-Conservation-Historic
-Artistic-4974966[1]

The Institute is a learned society, a company limited by guarantee
registered in England and Wales ( No. 481522) and a registered charity (No.
209677)

******