Collection Care Manager - Our Town Hall Project
 Salary: Grade 8 £32,486 to £36,379 (bar £35,444) per annum
 Contract Type: 18 Months Fixed Term
 Hours: 35 hours per week
 Location: Town Hall, Albert Square, Manchester M60 2LA Reference:
MCC1140MBCC/22
 Interview: Wednesday 14th June

 The Town Hall Complex is one of Manchester’s greatest cultural and civic
assets, which makes a significant contribution not only to the heritage but
also to the identity of the city. Manchester Town Hall and Albert Square
are the most important building and public realm within the complex.

 The Town Hall itself, which opened in 1877, is an internationally
significant landmark. The building is Grade 1 listed, considered to be one
of the masterpieces of Victorian architecture and cherished by the people
of the city who view it as the civic heart of Manchester.

 The Town Hall will be 140 years old next year. While it has been
maintained and remains structurally sound, it is now seriously showing its
age with many elements reaching the end of their natural lifespan.

 This is a 7 year project, with a budget of £330m to refurbish and restore
the Town Hall has now been agreed.

 This role will contribute to the aims of this team by providing a wealth
of experience and technical knowledge to support the conservation and care
of historic collections within the Grade 1 listed building, which can be
fed into the feasibility of the building and its contents for the future.

 We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome
applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender
reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity,
race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.

For application please visit - https://manchesterjobs.engageats.co.uk

--
Claire Grundy
Senior Conservator