Career Opportunity
Conservator (Archival)
Heritage Resource Officer Grid 21
Annual: $55,422.02  Bi-weekly: $2,124.32

The Royal BC Museum Corporation is a dynamic, intellectually stimulating and
challenging environment.  As the public trustee of the Provincial collections
and exhibits, we preserve and expand our collections, further the work of our
renowned curators, archivists, conservators and collection managers and inspire
the people of BC and visitors from all corners of the world.  We are looking
for someone to join our conservation team as a Conservator, with a focus on
paper and photographic conservation.

Under the direction of the Head of Collections, Care & Conservation, the
Conservators preserve the Museum's collections by interpreting, evaluating and
recording the condition, physical security and environmental conditions of
collections in storage, on exhibit, and on loan; to plan and perform
conservation treatments for individual objects, communicate principles of
preventative conservation, research and treatments to the general public and
various groups.

The role would ideally suit an individual with two or more years of work
experience in an archives conservation lab, museum or art gallery along with
experience with digital documentation including photography.  Expertise in the
use of environmental monitoring equipment is required.  This experience is
complimented by a Bachelor degree plus two years' graduate level paper and
photograph conservation training (or equivalent).  You have comprehensive
knowledge of current conservation theory, methods and ethics along with working
knowledge of archival practice and/or museology including museum integrated
pest management.

As the ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated your ability to manage a
well-equipped conservation laboratory while providing training and direction to
others in support of a vibrant group of volunteers and students at all levels.
You have strong research, writing and presentation skills as well as excellent
time management.  As a member of a team, you work well with others while
creating a standard of excellence.  In your role of providing a service, you
demonstrate tact, diplomacy and discretion.

This position requires Criminal Records Checks under the BC Public Service
Screening Policy and the Criminal Records Review Act and all applicants must be
legally entitled to work in Canada.

We are accepting applications for this opportunity until 11:59pm, June 18,
2017. Please refer to the job description and selection criteria to ensure your
application addresses the areas we will be looking at when assessing an
applicant's suitability for this opportunity.

Please apply to the Human Resources branch quoting Competition RB2017:11, via
email to:
humanresour...@royalbcmuseum.bc.ca<mailto:humanresour...@royalbcmuseum.bc.ca>

******