We are a start-up consultancy specializing in the conservation, display,
access, and management of collections of Time-Based Media Art, and we are
looking to fill a new full-time senior-level position in our growing team. Our
diverse and international list of clients includes institutions, art collectors,
galleries, and artists. Day-to-day activities – at our Brooklyn headquarters,
and on-site with clients – can include conservation treatment and documentation
of an artwork, a strategy meeting with a museum director, a workshop with
various stakeholders, time spent developing a roadmap for implementing digital
preservation on a shoestring budget for an emerging artist’s studio, or research
of emerging technologies being employed by artists.You are an expertly skilled
communicator, and a highly motivated self-starter. People always tell you that
you are great at making sense of and explaining complex things. You are
passionate about art. You love to travel. You know your art history. You are
organized, fastidious, and careful. Your ability to analyze a complex situation
and derive a vision and perspective is unparalleled. You are a computer whiz. If
someone was watching over your shoulder while you used a computer, they would
probably ask “how did you do that”? You are interested in helping to shape the
culture of a young and up-and-coming company.Qualifications: we seek an
experienced candidate, but, because of the diverse and hybrid nature of the work
we do, there are a few different specializations we are open to considering.
Perhaps you are a trained art conservator and have been retraining and learning
the technical skills related to Time-Based Media. Perhaps you are an audiovisual
archivist, but have found yourself working in the conservation field. Perhaps
you are more thoroughly coming from the world of digital preservation, but have
been looking for a way to apply these skills to working in the conservation
field.For the complete posting, please see http://smalldata.industries/careers/
Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest and CV to
info@smalldata.industries
Ben Fino-RadinFounder, Small Data Industries
******