Textile Conservator, short term contract
May Berkouwer Textile Conservation
Sudbury, Suffolk (UK)

We are looking for a qualified textile conservator to assist us in our small,
but busy, private Studio in Suffolk.  The Studio undertakes a diverse range of
projects working for public and private clients, locally, regionally and
nationally.  We treat a wide variety of textiles including furnishings,
tapestries, embroideries, banners and rugs; We occasionally work on site, carry
out condition surveys, and provide advice on preventive conservation issues.
More information may be found on our website www.mbtexcon.co.uk.

This post offers the opportunity to work within a small team, headed by an
Accredited Conservator, where you will be encouraged to grow in your role and
contribute to the success of the Studio.

Sudbury is a small town on the Suffolk/Essex border, which holds a wealth of
textile history and is served by a train line from London Liverpool Street.

This is an initial 6-month post commencing November 2017 with potential for
extension for the right person.  This is advertised as a full-time post but
part-time applicants will be considered.
Terms and conditions of work are negotiable; salary will depend upon experience
and skills, bearing in mind the salary scales recommended by the Institute of
Conservation.

Please send your CV and an introductory letter to i...@mbtexcon.co.uk .

Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30 August 2017.
Interview to be held on: Monday 11 September 2017.

For further information or an informal discussion, please contact
May Berkouwer, Principal Conservator, on +44 1787 370840.

May Berkouwer ACR
May Berkouwer Textile Conservation
Stour Valley Business Centre
Brundon Lane