The Electronic Media Group (EMG) and the Book and Paper Group’s Archives
Conservation Discussion Group (ACDG) are pleased to announce we will be
hosting a joint session for AIC’s 46th Annual Meeting in Houston in May
2018.  The program will address the preservation of physical and digital
objects used in political and social demonstrations, with a focus on how
the format of these objects can affect acquisition, archival processing,
and researcher access.  We will focus on both ephemeral, paper based, or
mixed media works, as well as the digital images, video, and social media
posts that are integral to contemporary protest movements.  We will extend
a call for presenters in September, and invite you to reach out to EMG and
ACDG if you would like to suggest specific session topics related to this
theme.  We look forward to seeing you in Houston!

Regards,

Patricia Falcao, EMG co-chair, patricia.fal...@tate.org.uk

Stephanie Gowler, ACDG co-chair, sgow...@indianahistory.org

Dawn Mankowski ACDG co-chair, dm...@nyu.edu