Dear Simon,

I think there is a bit of confusion regarding how these measurements are
being articulated.

When we get into very small units of measure, this is a common problem,
also made further complicated by crossing US and Metric as well.

Our thinnest polyester film is 0.0005" which is commonly referred to as 1/2
mil.  The "mil" refers to one thousand of an inch, but is commonly confused
with millimeter.  However this thinnest film is not 1/2 millimeter,
but 0.0127 millimeter.

We stock rolls of film that are 0.0005" (0.0127mm), 0.001" (0.0254mm), on
upwards into the more commonly used thicknesses.  These can all be found on
our website here:

http://www.talasonline.com/Mylar-Rolls

Regards,
Aaron Salik