At the Canadian Centre for Architecture we are looking for a fairly heavy
weight acid-free unbuffered interleaving paper on a 44 inch or wider roll.  We
use Phototex paper on a roll as our standard interleaving but we would like a
heavier paper that can be placed on top of groups of oversized drawings in 48 x
72 inch folders to keep them from curling (if they've been previously rolled)
when the folder is opened.  Archivart Standard 80 lb. Barrier Paper is a
perfect weight but it is buffered. We want unbuffered because this paper will
be placed in contact with architectural reproductions like diazotypes and
blueprints, which may be sensitive to an alkaline environment. A lot of papers
advertised for the printing of Fine Art digital prints are advertised as being
archival quality - 100>% cotton.  I may try to get samples of some of those.
Does anyone have experience with using these papers for museum and archives
storage uses? Does anyone know another source for an archival quality,
acid-free, unbuffered, heavy-weght  paper on the roll, ideally in Canada, or if
not, then in the States?

Thank you.

Karen Potje
Chef, Conservation/Restauration