Dear Consdistlist,

Please can you include the following job advertisement in the next consdistlist.

Best wishes,
Jim

Collection Care Assistant

Closing Date : 06/12/2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Duration : available from 1 January 2018
Faculty / Organisational Unit : Library & Cultural Institutions
School/Directorate : The University of Manchester Library
Division : Content, Collections and Discovery
Hours Per week : 35
Salary : £20,411 to £22,214 per annum
Location : Oxford Road, Manchester
Job Reference : L&CI-11021

Overall Purpose of the job:

To carry out basic book repairs to a wide range of Library and related items.

To assist in a wide range of Collection Care activities: e.g. box-making and
exhibition support.

To provide general support for the Conservators as required.

To supervise and participate in, the packing and unpacking of Library
collections items held across the sites and ensuring those items are packed to
the required standard.

The University of Manchester Library is one of only five National Research
Libraries and the third largest academic library in the UK. Our vast and rich
collections (both print and increasingly digital) help us to deliver a
world-class library and information service for the University of Manchester.
While our primary objective is to meet the learning, teaching and research
needs of University members, we are also fully committed to widening access to
our services to individual researchers, local schools and others in the
regional community.

You will join the Collection Care Team; part of the Content Collections &
Discovery Division, and will work across several sites including The John
Rylands Library, where the Special Collections of The University of Manchester
Library are housed. The collection includes numerous world-renowned
manuscripts, archives and printed books.

The Collection Care Team is responsible for the Conservation and Preservation
of all Library holdings across multiple Library sites and stores and you will
be expected to contribute to all Collection Care activities as required.

You will have proven book, paper or related craft skills, a strong team ethic,
excellent communication skills, good attention to detail and a flexible
approach to work.

You will also have the ability to work independently and unsupervised, whilst
adhering to deadlines, across a wide range of Library Collection Care
activities.

Culture and Values - Our Five Ways of Working

The University of Manchester Library strives to create a working environment
that is supportive and rewarding providing a platform from which we can achieve
our ambitious strategy. This approach is framed by our Five Ways of Working;

Empowerment: Empowering and supporting individuals to take more risks

Openness: More questioning and working with greater openness and trust

Inclusion: Creating an inclusive culture by recognising each other's
differences and strengths

Responsibility: Taking collective responsibility to achieve our shared goals

Support: Delighting in our success whilst supporting each other through
adversity

It's important that all colleagues share in this vision and are committed to
helping create a working environment that is both rewarding and fulfilling.
Please consider this before applying for this role.

Hours & Place of Work

Normal working hours are 35 hours per week.

The post is based across various library sites.

All Library staff are required to wear a name badge.

As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably
qualified persons. However, as black and minority ethnic (BME)/male candidates
are currently under-represented at this level in this area, we would
particularly welcome applications from BME/male applicants. All appointments
will be made on merit.

Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or
applications from Recruitment Agencies

Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:

Name: James Duff (Jim)

Email: jim.d...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:jim.d...@manchester.ac.uk>

General enquiries:

Email: hrservi...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:hrservi...@manchester.ac.uk>

Tel: 0161 275 4499

Technical support:

Email:
universityofmanches...@helpmeapply.co.uk<mailto:universityofmanches...@helpmeapply.co.uk>

Tel: 0161 850 2004

This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date

Further Particulars

https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk//candidates/PreviewDocument.aspx?docid=25270&GUID=094dd4f8-ba27-4c8e-94bf-62bcd4f4512a&jobid=14363<https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/candidates/PreviewDocument.aspx?docid=25270&GUID=094dd4f8-ba27-4c8e-94bf-62bcd4f4512a&jobid=14363>

Applications will only be considered if they have been made using the
application form below:

https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/Decide.aspx?jobid=14363

Jim Duff, Collection Care Manager,  The Joule Library,  The University of
Manchester Library, The University of Manchester,   Floor D,  Sackville Street
Building,  Manchester,  M60 1QD.
Tel +44 (0)161 306 6533
Email: jim.d...@manchester.ac.uk<mailto:jim.d...@manchester.ac.uk>

******