Hi, Rhea.

If you cannot wait for Nikon’s inevitable update...

For several years now I have been using the following combination of hardware
and software to facilitate our photo-documentation in the studio:

CamRanger is a third-party hardware-software combination that is compatible
with a wide range of Nikon and Canon cameras.  It attaches to the camera (USB)
and creates a wi-fi hub allowing connection to the camera from any proximate
computer or mobile device on which the software is installed.  Control of the
camera is virtually identical to that available on the camera itself, with the
exception of some functions that have to be changed manually by means of a
mechanical switch/selector, i.e. exposure mode on many Canon cameras.
CamRanger is especially useful in macrophotography, as it allows not only for
hands-free focusing, but also provides a built-in incremental focus adjustment
with the potential to combine exposures in subsequent processing to increase
depth of field at low apertures.  Once a shot is set up I do all of my tweaking
from my desktop.  CamRanger also allows third parties to share the live view
and downloads from the camera on other devises.  Handy for collaboration with
clients and colleagues.  CamRanger | Wireless Camera Remote Control | iPad Mac
Android PC <http://camranger.com/>

I have also incorporated wireless remote controls in the photo studio lighting
so that I can move from normal visible to raking to UV lighting, also from the
comfort and convenience of my desk.  If only I could find a remote-controlled
electronic display so that no one had to go into the studio to change labels.
Amazon.com: Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet Switch for
Household Appliances, Wireless Remote Light Switch, White (Learning Code,
5Rx-2Tx): Home Improvement
<https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Wireless-Electrical-Household-Appliances/dp/B00DQELHBS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1517592146&sr=8-5&keywords=remote+control+plug+outlet>

CamRanger downloads JPEGs to the linked device as one shoots.  Raw images are
dowloaded selectively at the discretion of the user.  I manage my images as
they come into the computer with Phase One Media Pro, and process them
withAdobe LightRoom and Photoshop CC.  (Phase One also makes a Raw processing
engine, Capture One.  But I am reliant upon/addicted to the simplicity of color
balance adjustment in LightRoom.)  There are a lot of alternatives out there
for DAM.  But I strongly recommend Media Pro for its unmatched batch renaming
engine, which comes in very handy when one needs to rename hundreds of images
at a time, i.e. IMG_7654 -> 18-001 DALI BRN (07654).  Phase One
<https://www.phaseone.com/MediaProSE>

Finally, I highly recommend the Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head for whatever
tripod/camera stand set up one uses.  It is hands down the best tripod head for
the money, for conservation and studio documentation of art in general.
Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head - Supports 11 lbs (5kg) 410 B&H
<https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/124665-REG/Manfrotto_410_410_Junior_Geared_Head.html>

******