The Icon Photographic Materials Group and The National Archives are
delighted to announce a three-day practical workshop with Debra Hess-Norris.
Conservators, archivists, curators of historical photograph collections and
anyone with an interest in the preservation of photographic materials are
invited to participate. The workshop will take place at The National
Archives in London, between Monday 9th and Wednesday 11th July 2018.
Debra Hess-Norris is Professor of photograph conservation at the University
of Delaware, and an internationally renowned author, teacher and lecturer.
This practical workshop represents a rare and significant opportunity for
20 participants to meet and study with her in the UK, focussing on the
identification and treatment of traditional photographic materials and
emergency preparedness for collections.
For more details and to book a place, please visit
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/here-there-and-everywhere-the
-preservation-of-photographic-collections-a-practical-
workshop-tickets-42781803526?dm_i=6S6,5I2K3,I4M1CR,LC2O7,1
Given the anticipated demand for places, all participants are required to
pay for the three day workshop in full by Monday 23rd April. Please book as
soon as you can. Prices are as follows: £375 for non Icon members or £325
for Icon members
If you have any questions or queries please contact us at p...@icon.org.uk
Stephanie Jamieson
Conservator / Gwarchodwr