Hello,

The Anacostia Community Museum is currently researching a group of
photographically illustrated quilts dating from the early 1990s. The artist
used “Luminos photographic linen” and from what I’ve found on this material
it was manufactured/supplied by the Luminos Co. of Yonkers, NY and Kentmere
Ltd in the UK. Unfortunately it is no longer produced and it seems the
company is no longer in business. I have not done fiber identification on
the primary support, but it is definitely textile and not a paper support.

Does anyone have experience with this material?

Thank you.

Best,

Anna

keruz...@si.edu