Hi Lucy,
This may not fit your need, but our Facilities division has given me read
access to their Building Automation System (BAS), the system controlling our
HVAC system. I find it really helpful. With it, I can see real time readings
from the building's temperature and RH sensors on a building floor plan, and
check in on areas that concern me. For sensors programmed to save data (not all
are), I can plot out the trend lines over time through an easy feature of the
Siemens interface. My laptop is set up to connect remotely, and I've used that
over weekends and holidays when we've experienced HVAC issues.

Access to the BAS also provides me with an unanticipated benefit: I can use BAS
data when I talk with the Facilities engineers. We've developed an extremely
good relationship with our HVAC engineers, but they have to act on the data
they can see. By being able to point to BAS data, I'm dealing with data they
work with daily.

We also use HOBO dataloggers (MX1101, primarily). They're easy to work with,
and staff are used to the reports. We've set them up to log at the same times
as the BAS, and having this second system has provided the HVAC engineers with
backup when they're trying to determine whether a problem comes from a room
sensor going bad, or a misadjustment in the HVAC system itself.

Happy to talk further with you, if you'd like.

Best,
Winston

Winston Atkins
Preservation Officer