>> Our exhibition planners want to use artificial scents in our exhibitions and
>> we are concerned that the compounds in the aerosols may harm the objects.
>> Further, some people are sensitive to scents and may develop allergic
>> reactions.
Please share your thoughts regarding scent in museum exhibitions.

We have this discussion too. Smells make sense because of strong tie to memory
and learning through multiple intelligences. But aerosol? And yes, the amount
of scent needed to reach a smoker’s nose might be too much for a sensitive.
  We use sachet bags of light mix, scattered about our historic house museum.
We give a lavender/lemon blend to guests on arrival. For the major decorating
of the
December holiday season we’ve done an evergreen/peppermint blend, again as a
give away and also tucked into into decorations throughout the building.

There are some good firms  in UK, offering different dispensing modes. Talk
with them, their customers?
https://aromaprime.com/aroma-block/

Sara Weissman
Morris County Historical Society