Join the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials
(AICCM) in November for four days of talks, panel discussions, seminars,
posters, slide shows and tours.

The symposium will be held at Melbourne Museum (Melbourne, Australia) on
November 20-23.

We have presentations about community archives, First Nations artworks, stone
papers, 19th century Indonesian Islamic manuscripts, 17th century Dutch maps,
iron-gall ink, painted photographic panoramas, and more.

Our keynote presenters include Melbourne-based artist Patrick Pound, who
creates complex arrangements and installations of objects drawn from his
archives. Professor Libby Robin from ANU will talk about curating the
Anthropocene, and Associate Professor Elizabeth Leane from the University of
Tasmania will present her archival research into Antarctic expeditioner Sidney
Jeffryes, as part of her revisitation of Antarctic narratives. Daniel Burge
from the Image Permanence Institute will be presenting some of this recent
research on photo-safe enclosures.

Early bird registrations (until 30 September) cost only $AU495 (including GST)
for AICCM members. The non-member registration cost is $AU770.

For more information please go the AICCM website (www.aiccm.org.au) and the
symposium registration page:
https://aiccm.org.au/civicrm/event/info%3Fid%3D37%26reset%3D1
******