As you all know the Conservation Distribution List (CDL) is supported by
the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC). Its
parent organization, AIC, has recently developed many internal "member
community" discussion groups serving specialties in objects, paintings,
etc. They're great and at first I thought they might make this group, CDL,
redundant. I was about to unsubscribe when I realized they all require AIC
membership and this one of course does not.

Seen that way CDL could be considered FAICs international community,  i.e.,
an outreach project that supports international dialog as a form of
specialty group.

While the CDL info/search websites do mention support for 'global cultural
heritage' I do not see acknowledgement of this, of us, as a special form of
global community. I suggest adding it if only to remind others like me of
CDLs unique role and to, in a small way, counteract those forces that
currently undermine the idea of global communities.

Dennis

Dennis Piechota
Archaeological Conservator
Fiske Center for Archaeological Research
UMass Boston
Office: 617-287-6829

ALTCONS <https://groups.google.com/d/forum/altcons> Group Admin
an Alternative Conservation Discussion
******
Unsubscribe by sending a message to [email protected]
Searchable archives: http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/

Reply via email to