Call for Papers
Western Association for Art Conservation 45th Annual Meeting
The Getty Center
Los Angeles, California
November 6-8, 2019

The Western Association for Art Conservation (WAAC) is accepting proposals for
talks to be presented at the 45th Annual Meeting.

We are seeking exciting and thought provoking papers in all areas of
conservation and related fields. In the best WAAC tradition, a wide range of
presentations are eligible for consideration. We are particularly interested in
papers that push the boundaries and challenge the profession to re/consider
roles, responsibilities, techniques, and ideas. Since the meeting will take
place in Los Angeles, papers that highlight the art and history of the city and
Southern California are particularly welcome. Additionally, we would like to
receive proposals that address:
- collaboration between conservators and mountmakers
- collaboration between conservators and preparators
- insurance issues related to conservation

Please keep in mind that individual presentations will be 20 minutes in length.
However, suggestions for multi-session panels, incorporating multiple speakers,
will also be welcomed. Emerging professionals are highly encouraged to
participate!

WAAC is excited to return to Los Angeles, the site of the very first WAAC
meeting in 1977! The last time the meeting was held in LA was 2008, and since
then a lot of notable additions have been made to the cultural landscape of the
city such as the Broad Museum, Hauser & Wirth, Marciano Art Foundation, and
Wende Museum just to name a few. Also, there is now a metro line that goes from
downtown to the beach!

Please save the dates and join us for what will be a fantastic
two-and-a-half-day meeting in the City of Angels, and be inspired by your
colleagues! Registration will be open to members first, so join now. In
addition, a pre-meeting workshop on microfade testing, and tours are planned.

Proposals and questions can be submitted to:

     Sue Ann Chui
     president<-a t->waac-us< . >org

Online abstract submission: http://www.waac-us.org/2019-call-for-papers

Please submit an abstract no later than July 15, 2019.

For general queries regarding the Annual meeting please contact:
president<-a t->waac-us< . >org

To join WAAC go to:
http://www.waacpayments.com/renewal.html

******