Please note the email address has been corrected below, with apologies for any inconvenience caused by the earlier error.

CALL FOR PAPERS: “Plastics in peril: care and conservation of plastics in museum collections”

University of Cambridge Museums is hosting a 2-day international meeting on conservation of plastics on 16-17 March 2020, at the University of Cambridge, UK. We warmly invite submissions for presentations and posters on this subject.

The aim of the meeting is to provide a forum to discuss real-life approaches to plastics in museums and share experiences that will be useful to others with similar objects.

We particularly welcome proposals dealing with practical solutions for conserving and caring for plastic heritage, including identification, remedial treatments, preventive measures and management of whole collections. We are also especially keen to hear from colleagues working with plastic materials in scientific, industrial and social history collections, including mass produced items.

Please submit your abstract of no more than 500 words to Sophie Rowe at fmclc...@hermes.cam.ac.uk by 30th September 2019.

--
Sophie Rowe ACR
Conservator