Preventive Conservation technician (part time, 2 days a week)

Permanent position based at Hampton Court Palace

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks after the
Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House Whitehall,
Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle and Gardens. Across these
six sites we care for thousands of historic objects, many of them in their
original setting.  You'll have a real passion for history and be willing to
help conserve the collections to the standard they deserve: the best.

Educated to GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English, Maths and
Science, you will already have an interest in historic houses and collections
and enjoy practical work with a keen attention to detail. Some practical
hands-on conservation cleaning experience and an understanding of preventive
conservation would be a bonus but is not essential.

As part of our team, you will support the delivery of the day-to-day preventive
conservation programme by carrying out hands-on conservation cleaning,
explaining your work to our visitors and working with fragile objects in the
palaces. In addition, you must be able to work at heights, and assist with the
manual handling of collections.

The role will include additional evening and weekend working at any of our
sites to supervise events and activities such as filming.

Although based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to the
other palaces in our care.

Closing date: 11 August 2019
Pay Range: circa £24,000 (pro rata)

Find out more and apply by visiting www.hrp.org.uk<http://www.hrp.org.uk>

Historic Royal Palaces is committed to building an organisation that truly
values the differences in people, whatever that difference may be: creed,
colour, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or similar belief, gender,
gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, connections with a
national minority, property, birth or other status, family connections,
membership or non-membership of a trade union or disability.

As indicated above, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and
Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as these groups are currently under
represented in our work force.

So whatever your background, if you have the skills, knowledge and attitude we
are looking for, we would love to hear from you.

Jo Wilson
Conservation and Collection Care
Historic Royal Palaces

Historic Royal Palaces is a registered charity (No 1068852), correspondence
details, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU Historic Royal Palaces
Enterprises Ltd, a company registered in England (No 3418583) registered office
Hampton Court Palace, Surrey KT8 9AU.
******