Dear Conservators,
This is Eleonora Piccirillo. I recent graduate in  Conservation and
Restoration of Cultural Heritage at the Academy of Fine Arts of Naples. I
am writing a dissertation on the topic of consolidation and gap-filling as
part of the conservation treatment of an archaeological burnt wooden hool.
Because I am not very familiar conservation of burnt wood, I am looking to
hear more opinions from conservators who have/had experience and knowledge
in this field.
The aim of my research is to collect and compare the most recent
conservation method from around the Europe and the world.

Have you ever been involved a conservation project on burnt wood? If yes,
could you tell me more about how the treatment was carried out?
For instance:

- Which were the dimensions of the object?
- In which context was the object found?
- What was the condition of the object?
- Where and when was the treatment conducted?
- Which consolidation method did you use and why? (please don't forget to
specify the product name and its distribution house, the concentration you
used and the application procedure)
- Which gap filling method did you use and why?

In case you feel more comfortable to contact me directly, here it is my
email:
eleonorapiccirillo.r...@gmail.com

Any comment will be appreciated

--