Dear Colleagues,

In 2020, the ESRF will resume its user operation with a revolutionary X-ray
source, the Extremely Brilliant Source (EBS). The ESRF has set up a series
of workshops to explore the new scientific opportunities offered by EBS,
with
the User community.

In this context, we are pleased to invite you to participate in the Cultural
and Natural Heritage workshop <https://www.esrf.eu/heritage-workshop>,
which will take place at the ESRF,  Grenoble, France, on the *22-24 January
2020*.

This workshop aims to:

-        - Highlight recent achievements and discoveries made at
synchrotron facilities in palaeontology, archaeology and art science,

-        - Present and discuss the emerging new opportunities and
challenges related to the ESRF-EBS X-ray source as well as the improved and
imminent beamlines.

In addition to lectures, posters and discussions, the program will include
an optional introduction for the non-expert public, two tutorials on data
analysis (PyMca and XRD), a practical on tomography as well as a social
programme.

Please note two important deadlines:

- deadline for *submission of abstracts*: *Thursday, 31 October, 2019*

- deadline for *registration*: *Sunday, 15 December, 2019*

We hope that the workshop will be a forum of discussion and exchange
between ESRF staff and both expert and new users. In this respect, we would
be extremely grateful if you could forward this email to your contacts and
encourage those who have never been to the ESRF to take this opportunity
for a first visit. We would also highly appreciate if you could print the
attached flyer and display it at your institute.

In the unlikely event that you do not want to receive further announcements
related to this event, please inform us.

We encourage your participation and look forward to seeing you!

Best regards,

The Organizing Committee,

Marine Cotte, Pierre-Olivier Autran, Camille Berruyer, Nils Blanc,
Catherine Dejoie, Paul Tafforeau

Contact: heritage-...@esrf.fr
******