Email digest for the Global Conservation Forum (ConsDistList) egroup.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 1. Heritage Science Sweden Forum, 6-8 October 2026 in Visby

 2. Student Training & Onboarding: Looking for Ideas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.From: Marei Hacke
 Posted: Friday August 21, 2026  11:32 AM
 Subject: Heritage Science Sweden Forum, 6-8 October 2026 in Visby
 Message: There are now two weeks left before the registration deadline for HSS 
Forum 2026 on Gotland, Sweden. The conference is in person only and we are 
looking forward to two days of presentations, guided tours and a third day of 
hands-on workshops. Programme   Heritage Science Sverige Forum 2026  
Riksantikvariembetet 
<https://www.raa.se/evenemang-och-upplevelser/vara-andra-seminarier-och-konferenser/heritage-science/heritage-science-sverige-forum-2026/>
 and registration link   RA. Heritage Science Sverige forum 2026 
<https://jirango.com/cview/web/a26ece5f?&lang=swe>Kind regards,Marei
  
 
 Dr Marei Hacke 
  Heritage scientist 
   
  Riksantikvariembetet / Swedish National Heritage Board
  Unit for Heritage Science / Kulturarv och vetenskap
 Box 1114
 SE-621 22 Visby
   
  [email protected] <[email protected]>


2.From: Natalie Granados
 Posted: Friday August 21, 2026  11:33 AM
 Subject: Student Training & Onboarding: Looking for Ideas
 Message: 


Hello all,


I'm exploring ways to reduce the amount of time I spend training student 
employees in the conservation lab. During the fall and spring semesters, 
training can easily take up to three days per week. Given that I am the sole 
conservator at UConn and am also responsible for environmental monitoring, 
disaster planning and response, conservation treatment of general and special 
collections material, among other responsibilities, this represents a 
significant investment of time.


My student employees perform the majority of our general collections repair 
work, so effective training remains essential. However, I'm looking for ways to 
make the process more sustainable and scalable.


I'm curious whether anyone has incorporated videos or other training methods 
beyond written instructions and one-on-one, in-person training as part of their 
onboarding process. While I recognize that hands-on training is ideal, I'm 
trying to be a bit more pragmatic about how I use my time.


If you've experimented with alternative training approaches, I'd love to hear 
about your experience:




What training tools or resources are you using?

What platform are they hosted on?

Have they reduced the amount of time you spend training students?

If you're using videos, did you create them yourself or use publicly available 
content?

How well do students retain information compared to traditional one-on-one 
training?

What have you found to be the biggest benefits and drawbacks?


Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and insights. 


Best,


Natalie 



------------------------------
Natalie Granados
Book & Paper Conservator
UCONN Library
Storrs, CT
United States
------------------------------




You are subscribed to "Global Conservation Forum (ConsDistList)" as 
[email protected]. To change your subscriptions, go to 
http://community.culturalheritage.org/preferences?section=Subscriptions.  To 
unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to 
https://community.culturalheritage.org/HigherLogic/eGroups/Unsubscribe.aspx?UserKey=d16eaa87-0f69-494b-9f2f-303dbc1222e1&sKey=fab9aa4f27a04c5d876e&GroupKey=757a8f16-505f-4323-8e74-e376757aa9f7.

Reply via email to