On 09/09/2016 12:54 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:

Looks like like I some how denied the mail in the container-tools admin interface. Sorry about that.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Help on Vagrant -CDK
Date:   Thu, 8 Sep 2016 17:32:19 +0000
From:   Chelapurath, Mendus <mendus.chelapur...@ssa.gov>
To:     container-tools@redhat.com <container-tools@redhat.com>

I am having trouble getting vagrant file executed in an order so that I can edit some of my virtual box configuration files before the subscription takes place.
Since I am running everything behind self-signed ssl proxy

Hi Mendus,

Sorry for the late reply. Proxy support was not built in to CDK2.1. We have fixed it in CDK2.2, which got released today. Can you please retry using CDK2.2 and let us know if it does not work for you?

Thanks,
Lala

Here is the Vagrant File Also note that I am using vagrant registration and proxy pluginbut they are not sufficient to deal with all configuration needed for self-signed proxy
# -*- mode: ruby -*-
# vi: set ft=ruby :
# The private network IP of the VM. You will use this IP to connect to OpenShift.
PUBLIC_ADDRESS="10.1.2.2"
# Number of virtualized CPUs
VM_CPU = ENV['VM_CPU'] || 2
# Amount of available RAM
VM_MEMORY = ENV['VM_MEMORY'] || 3072
# Validate required plugins
REQUIRED_PLUGINS = %w(vagrant-service-manager vagrant-registration)
errors = []
def message(name)
"#{name} plugin is not installed, run `vagrant plugin install #{name}` to install it."
end
# Validate and collect error message if plugin is not installed
REQUIRED_PLUGINS.each { |plugin| errors << message(plugin) unless Vagrant.has_plugin?(plugin) }
unless errors.empty?
msg = errors.size > 1 ? "Errors: \n* #{errors.join("\n* ")}" : "Error: #{errors.first}"
  fail Vagrant::Errors::VagrantError.new, msg
end
Vagrant.configure(2) do |config|
  config.vm.box = "cdkv2"
# I want this be executed before RHEL subscription
config.vm.provision "bootstrap", type: "shell" do |s|
    s.inline = "sed -i '/insecure = 0/c\insecure = 1' /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf"
s.inline = "echo INSECURE_REGISTRY=--insecure-registry registry.access.redhat.com --insecure-registry index.docker.io --insecure-registry docker.io >> /etc/sysconfig/docker"
  end
# I want this be executed before RHEL subscription (part of the proxy plugin)
  if Vagrant.has_plugin?("vagrant-proxyconf")
config.proxy.http = "_http://xxxx:xx...@access.l.gov:80__0__/_ <http://xxxx:xx...@access.l.gov:800/>"
    config.proxy.https    = "_http://xxx:xx...@access.b..gov:80_0";
    config.proxy.no_proxy = "localhost,127.0.0.1,.ssa.gov,10.1.2.2"
  end
  config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |v, override|
    v.memory = VM_MEMORY
    v.cpus   = VM_CPU
    v.name   = "OSE-CDK"
    v.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--ioapic", "on"]
    v.customize ["modifyvm", :id, "--natdnshostresolver1", "on"]
  end
  config.vm.provider "libvirt" do |v, override|
    v.memory = VM_MEMORY
    v.cpus   = VM_CPU
    v.driver = "kvm"
  end
  config.vm.network "private_network", ip: "#{PUBLIC_ADDRESS}"
# I want this be executed before RHEL subscription (part of the registration plugin)
if ENV.has_key?('SUB_USERNAME') && ENV.has_key?('SUB_PASSWORD')
config.registration.username = ENV['SUB_USERNAME']
config.registration.password = ENV['SUB_PASSWORD']
     config.registration.proxy = 'access.l.gov:800'
config.registration.proxyUser = 'xxxx'
config.registration.proxyPassword = 'xxxx'
  end
config.servicemanager.services = "docker"
  config.vm.provision "shell", run: "always", inline: <<-SHELL
    systemctl enable openshift 2>&1
    systemctl start openshift
  SHELL
  config.vm.provision "shell", run: "always", inline: <<-SHELL
    echo
echo "Successfully started and provisioned VM with #{VM_CPU} cores and #{VM_MEMORY} MB of memory." echo "To modify the number of cores and/or available memory set the environment variables"
    echo "VM_CPU respectively VM_MEMORY."
    echo
echo "You can now access the OpenShift console on: _https://#{PUBLIC_ADDRESS}:8443/console_ <https://#%7BPUBLIC_ADDRESS%7D:8443/console>"
    echo
    echo "To use OpenShift CLI, run:"
    echo "$ vagrant ssh"
    echo "$ oc login #{PUBLIC_ADDRESS}:8443"
    echo
    echo "Configured users are (<username>/<password>):"
    echo "openshift-dev/devel"
    echo "admin/admin"
    echo
echo "If you have the oc client library on your host, you can also login from your host."
    echo
  SHELL
end
Here is the output on vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Importing base box 'cdkv2'...
==> default: Matching MAC address for NAT networking...
==> default: Setting the name of the VM: OSE-CDK
==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces...
==> default: Preparing network interfaces based on configuration...
    default: Adapter 1: nat
    default: Adapter 2: hostonly
==> default: Forwarding ports...
    default: 22 (guest) => 2222 (host) (adapter 1)
==> default: Running 'pre-boot' VM customizations...
==> default: Booting VM...
==> default: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes...
    default: SSH address: 127.0.0.1:2222
    default: SSH username: vagrant
    default: SSH auth method: private key
    default:
default: Vagrant insecure key detected. Vagrant will automatically replace
    default: this with a newly generated keypair for better security.
    default:
    default: Inserting generated public key within guest...
    default: Removing insecure key from the guest if it's present...
default: Key inserted! Disconnecting and reconnecting using new SSH key...
==> default: Machine booted and ready!
==> default: Registering box with vagrant-registration...
default: Would you like to register the system now (default: yes)? [y|n]y default: username: _mendus.chelapurath@gmail.com_ <mailto:mendus.chelapur...@gmail.com>
    default: password:
Error! Your console doesn't support hiding input. We'll ask for
input again below, but we WILL NOT be able to hide input. If this
is a problem for you, ctrl-C to exit and fix your stdin.
     default: password: xxxx
    default: password:
Error! Your console doesn't support hiding input. We'll ask for
input again below, but we WILL NOT be able to hide input. If this
is a problem for you, ctrl-C to exit and fix your stdin.
     default: password: xxxx
==> default: Invalid username/password. Try again (3/3)
default: username: _mendus.chelapurath@gmail.com_ <mailto:mendus.chelapur...@gmail.com>
    default: password:
Error! Your console doesn't support hiding input. We'll ask for
input again below, but we WILL NOT be able to hide input. If this
is a problem for you, ctrl-C to exit and fix your stdin.
     default: password: xxxxxx
==> default: Invalid credentials.
==> default: Registering to: subscription.rhn.redhat.com:443/subscription The system has been registered with ID: ef1f4b1d-7819-4707-8159-cd5831890abd
thanks
*Mendus Chelapurath*
*Cell Ph**: 443-850-7259*