Hi,

The train towards Minishift 1.0.0 is running full steam ahead. Today we are
happy to announce Minishift 1.0.0-beta.4 [1].

In total we have squashed 38 issues and you can view all the gory details on
the GitHub milestone for this release [2].

For now we would like to highlight two specific new features.

First, there is the new HTTP/HTTPS proxy support. If you are sitting behind a
proxy, configuring Docker and OpenShift to work with the proxy is now as easy
as:

    $ minishift start --openshift-version=1.5.0-alpha.2 --http-proxy
http://YOURPROXY:PORT --https-proxy https://YOURPROXY:PORT

Note the specific OpenShift version. For proxy support to work you will need to
use a OpenShift version >=1.5.0-alpha.2 (Minishift’s default is still 1.4.1).

You can find more details around proxy support in the Minishift documentation
[3].

A second feature we would like to highlight, is the ability to patch the
OpenShift master or node configuration. Take Cross-origin resource sharing
(CORS) as an example.
Per default, OpenShift will only allow cross origin resource requests from the
IP of the cluster as well as localhost. You can change this now via the
‘openshift config set’ command. For the CORS case you could for example issue
the following command which will allow CORS from all domains:

    $  minishift openshift config set --patch '{"corsAllowedOrigins": [".*"]}'

This functionality is based on OpenShift’s ‘openshift ex config patch’ command
and takes a JSON document targeting the configuration items to update.

More details again in the Minishift documentation [4].

We also released new versions of the Boot2Docker (v1.0.1) [5] and CentOS
(v1.0.0-rc.2)[6] based ISO images. In both cases we added cifs per default.
This allows you to mount Windows shares as host folders. At the moment this is
a manual process, but we are working  on automating this [7].

Besides  the release we are also excited to share some other news with you.

First, Minishift is now OpenShift’s preferred solution for creating a local
OpenShift single node cluster and the old Vagrant based all-in-one VM has been
deprecated [8].

Also note that the Minishift team has started to hang out on the #minishift
channel on irc.freenode.net. Here we discuss everything Minishift related. Come
and join!

Last but not least, keep the feedback coming. It is much appreciated. If you
want to report a bug or request a new feature, head over to the Minishift
GitHub issue tracker [9].

Enjoy!

[1] https://github.com/minishift/minishift/releases/tag/v1.0.0-beta.4
[2] https://github.com/minishift/minishift/milestone/9?closed=1