On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 22:17 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 13:36 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> >

> >>This is now running CI for Continuum, Plexus utils/containers and Maven
> >>1's core.
> >>
> >>I've filed for all the problems I had. I had to do far too much server
> >>side diddling, but we'll get there... I've now got all the m2 stuff in
> >>the continuum install symlinked to where exec'd m2 puts them because it
> >>was getting quite confused.
> >>

> >Can you explain that a bit more?
> >

> Somehow it ended up with a SNAPSHOT txt file that was empty, which just
> kept erroring out. When I removed it, for some reason it didn't help. I
> couldn't figure it out, and it was only when I pointed it at the valid
> m2 repo that it started working. As for the settings.xml, that was so
> they could both talk to codehaus as that's where the necessary deps
> were, but I've taken that out.
>
> I think it's sane that continuum should pass on its local repo and
> settings file to m2 anyway so that they share the same info. Symlinking
> was a bit crude, but it seems to be working.

So you're symlinking the settings.xml provided by continuum so that the
installed m2 uses it?

I agree they should be in sync but I think the instance of Continuum
running should use the m2 installed on the machine. So maybe we need to
know where it lives so that Continuum can use those settings. People
will have to be made aware of the context in which continuum and m2 are
being used. Or we could include a version of m2 in the bundle.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org