De : Maria Odea Ching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Envoyé : mercredi 11 juillet 2007 08:41
À : Maven Developers List; continuum-dev@maven.apache.org
Objet : Proposition for CONTINUUM-798

Hi All,

I'm trying to fix up http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-798,
which is "Modules automatic discovery". I think the patch submitted is already outdated and there was the issue about recursive modules.

Anyway, below is how I thought to implement the fix for this:

Create an "update-modules" action in continuum-core that will check for new modules in the pom. The action would be invoked when a project build is triggered (forced or scheduled), after the project is updated from SCM (in DefaultBuildController).

To add the new module to Continuum, I think we could make use of the
addMavenTwoProject(..) method in DefaultContinuum. We can derive the required parameters from the parent project. The metadata url can be gotten from the SCM url of the parent (since the SCM urls of modules are just constructed from the parent project's SCM url by inserting the module's name in the url). The group id can also be derived from the parent project, as well as the SCM username and SCM password.

Then after the module is added and checked-out.. the project can just be added in the build queue so that it will be included in the triggered build.

From the above implementation, I think we can recurse even through the modules if they are multi-module projects as well.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Deng

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. ********************************************************************** Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.