On Dec 15, 2007 3:59 PM, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks. Sorry, but I am new the the Derby DB. Are there dirctions on setting
> up the external DB? I.e. do I need a users DB and an application DB? And if
> I need 2, can the Users DB be shared between the 2?

It depends on what DBMS you choose.  If you want to stay on Derby, you
can switch from the default embedded setup to 'Derby Network Server'.
Or you can use MySQL, etc.

Here's one example:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+User+DB+on+Derby+Network+Server

Each application does have its own database in addition to the user
store, but it's only the user store you want to share, so that's the
only one you really need to move out to an external db.  On the other
hand, you may want to move all of them to keep things consistent, make
them more accessible, etc.

--
Wendy