Thanks Bill.

John Sweeny sent me another version of that dance:
https://squaredancehistory.org/exhibits/show/dare-to-be-square-weekend-2011/item/730
fun to see how things have been adapted.

Sue Hulsether had one she got from Carol Ormand, "Tunnelmania" which seems
to match the exponential growth described by the original caller. But if
there was a song or specific tune, that appears to have either disappeared
or been added somewhere along the folk process.

Tunnelmania is in a book called "Step Lively 3". Anyone have a copy of
that? I wonder if Marion Rose wrote that one. Sue didn't have an
attribution for her version.

Found on youtube as tunnel-mania https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJDIdN1__o

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 9:33 PM Bill Baritompa <bill.barito...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
>      This dance is similar to what you describe.
> [image: hqdefault.jpg]
>
> Silly Threesomes <https://youtu.be/q1ObiQAkZOM>
> youtu.be <https://youtu.be/q1ObiQAkZOM>
> <https://youtu.be/q1ObiQAkZOM>
>
> It's called Silly Threesoms. I dont remember where I got it.
> To set it up, I get couples made of an adult and child to come on the
> floor to make a circle. The kids all go into the middle and the adults pair
> up to make the 'houses'.
>
> After I finish it is sometimes fun to get the kids and grownup to swap
> roles.
>
> Cheers Bill
>

> On 10/02/2023, at 11:33, Luke Donforth via Contra Callers <
> contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
>

> Hello all,
>
> I've been asked back to a family dance I did at a camp last summer. When I
> was there last year, one of the kids said "are we going to do Mousetrap?!",
> a dance they remembered from a previous year with the prior caller.
>
> I've tried to find it, but am having no luck. The previous caller said:
> *Oh, it's been years... * *Its a singing game, but I can't resurrect the
> words/melody at the moment - don't have it written down or recorded. **Kind
> of like Ninepin square dance, where the band needs to stop playing on cue.
> Everyone's in a circle single file walking under arches - 2 to start, then
> doubled each time, those who are caught (i.e. the 'mousetrap') when the
> music stops make the arches, and the music resumes, until there's more
> arches than people on the line.  *
>
> But that's all they've got. Anyone know this one, possibly under another
> name?
>
> Thanks!
> Luke

Luke Donforth