Summer of 84 has short waves balance and walk forward then balance allemand
and return. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzswmrNbuM
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzzswmrNbuM>

The Childgrove Country Dances in St Louis have a video archive of all types
of dances http://dancevideos.childgrove.org/ this could  be a great
resource for you.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 1:31 PM Katherine Kitching via Contra Callers <
contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

> Hi folks-
>
> As I've mentioned before, our Halifax group is not very advanced - we
> welcome a lot of beginners each month, and our regulars are not super
> regular or super skilled.. - and so the practice we've settled on is to
> choose one "feature figure" each month to focus on teaching....
>
> in the first part of the evening we break down the figure in detail so
> everyone gets a chance to learn it inside-out... then do a few dances that
> has that figure in it, but nothing else difficult (not even swings! unless
> swing is the feature figure for that evening).
>
> Then at the very end of the evening we do an "advanced segment" where we
> call a few dances quickly with little teaching (probably more like what all
> of your dances look like!) - and those dances include all sorts of figures
> that have been featured over the past 6+ months.
> (Usually most of the beginners have been tired out and gone home at this
> point)
>
> Anyhow, this month our feature figure will be short wavy lines - and I
> don't have a lot of experience with them myself.
>
> Could anyone point me towards some videos where short wavy lines are
> featured?
>
> I'm interested in being able to watch different fun things that can be
> done in SWLs... including the Rory O'Moore sequence, and other simple/basic
> actions.
>
> No need to send me videos of more elaborate and unusual types of SWL
> figures.
>
> Also no need to worry about the content of the rest of the dance - I
> generally write custom dances to incorporate the feature figure while
> keeping everything else way simpler than you folks are used to :)
>
> I want to do 3 dances with SWLs - each one with a slightly different type
> of SWL figure - I can think of balancing then allemanding haflway around,
> repeat...
>
> and the Rory O'Moore sequence as the final more tricky one...
>
> But is there something else I could do in short wavy lines too?
>
> and I would like to see the first two in action so I can make sure to feel
> confident in my teaching!!
>
> Many thanks :)
>
> Kat in Hfx

Donna Calhoun