Hi Robert,
   From the details, for the downstream consumers is it just going to be just
version change in the dependency?
   Or are there anything else we will have to take care of?
Thanks,
Faseela

From: release-boun...@lists.opendaylight.org
[mailto:release-boun...@lists.opendaylight.org] On Behalf Of Ryan Goulding
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 7:58 PM
To: Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk>
Cc: controller-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; mdsal-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
rele...@lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: Re: [release] [controller-dev] Binding V1 codegen in Fluorine

Although Robert already explained this well in his original email, there are
some additional notes [0] from the kernel call that also elaborate on this
proposal.  To summarize, no one raised much concern surrounding the potential
impacts, and the change seems straightforward and necessary.

Regards,

Ryan Goulding

[0]
https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-meeting/2018/kernel_projects/opendaylight-meeting-kernel_projects.2018-03-06-17.00.html

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk<mailto:n...@hq.sk>>
wrote:
On 01/03/18 18:31, Robert Varga wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> TL;DR:
> Implementation of Binding Specification V1 needs to be improved in a way
> that breaks the ability to load Fluorine-generated code in older containers.
>
> Are there any objections to doing that?

No objections have been raised thus far and we have a stack of patches
depending on this.

If no objections are raised this week, we will treat this as a plan of
record and this change will get incorporated next week and release-noted
in Fluorine SR release notes.

If this is not agreeable to you, please speak up now.

Thanks,
Robert